Moving to Sittard-Geleen from abroad

If you are currently living abroad but you're moving to Sittard-Geleen - or if you will be staying in Sittard-Geleen for at least 4 months during the next 6 months, you have to personally register yourself at city hall within 5 days after arriving.

To register yourself, make an appointment. Call us at 14 046 (or +31 477 7777 if you're abroad). If your significant other, spouse, and/ or kids are moving with you, they have to come to the appointment - in person - as well. 

What you need

  • A valid proof of identification for each person that will be registered
  • A travel document or other document that proves your nationality
  • Proof of deregistration if you are moving from Aruba, Curaçao, St. Martin, Bonaire, Saba, St. Eustatius, Belgium or Germany
  • The lease or sales contract of your residence (or: permission from main resident(dutch), if you're moving in with someone)
  • Original documents for yourself and your children, such as birth certificates, marriage certificates and/or divorce certificates. Only English, German en French certificates are accepted without translation by a sworn translator. The documents must meet legalisation regulations. For more information about these regulations, please visit (Immigration and naturalization services)

Reschedulling or cancelling your appointment

Due to the coronavirus pandemic, we kindly ask you to reschedule or cancel your apointment if you, or someone you live with has flu-like symptoms. 

More information

Visit the website for the Dutch Immigration and Naturalization Services (IND)